[meteorite-list] Glenn Huss Collection and Wellman Meteorite

From: Peter Davidson <P.Davidson_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 13:29:58 +0000

Dear All

A very big thank you to all list members who replied to my enquiry about the Glenn Huss Collection. I gathered some very useful information and have matched up the Wellman from our collection correctly. One of the little anomalies that came out was that the weight as listed in the Glenn Huss catalogue was different from the specimen in our collection by a factor of two (ours is less than half the weight of the "original"). I wonder if anyone on the list purchased a Wellman (c) from David New in the 1970s or 80s? The Huss Collection number is H39.125

Cheers

Peter Davidson
Curator of Minerals

National Museums Collection Centre
242 West Granton Road
Edinburgh
EH5 1JA
00 44 131 247 4283
p.davidson at nms.ac.uk

Vikings! Discover their untold story in a new exhibition of treasures. National Museum of Scotland, 18 January ? 12 May. Book now
www.nms.ac.uk/vikings

National Museums Scotland, Scottish Charity, No. SC 011130
This communication is intended for the addressee(s) only. If you are not the addressee please inform the sender and delete the email from your system. The statements and opinions expressed in this message are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of National Museums Scotland. This message is subject to the Data Protection Act 1998 and Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002. No liability is accepted for any harm that may be caused to your systems or data by this message.