[meteorite-list] AD: Novato back in the market

From: Robert Verish <bolidechaser_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 15:32:11 -0700 (PDT)

Actually, it's still the "Novato" (provisional) meteorite.?
It still is not in the Meteoritical Bulletin.

This is the slice that Brien Cook originally cut with the intention of submitting it to UCLA.? But when he read that someone else was going to supply the type-specimen, he then placed it on eBay.?

It would be nice if some Institute or consortium would make an offer and try to repatriate this slice and make it a type-specimen so that this US-fall could finally be made "official".???All I'm saying is, this "leaving an official-status hanging-in-mid-air" would never happen in Canada. They would just simply buy the type-specimen.

It's time for the US to catch-up with Canada.? It's time for a change.
Bob V.