[meteorite-list] Novato update

From: Matson, Robert D. <ROBERT.D.MATSON_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 20:51:29 -0700

Hi All,

I've been informed by one of the Novato finders that this is a
non-issue. Dr. Jenniskens has long-since pledged to donate more
than adequate Novato type specimen to UCLA for it to be approved
by the Nomenclature Committee. That it hasn't happened already is
simply because Dr. Jenniskens wished to ensure that all academic
requests for meteoritical material were handled promptly. 29 grams
of the first recovered stone were generously donated by Lisa Webber
to SETI for scientific analysis; of that, whatever is not consumed
in destructive analyses has been promised to UCLA. So there is no
cause for alarm; people just need to be patient. --Rob