[meteorite-list] Jbilet Winselwan

From: Galactic Stone & Ironworks <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 12:21:37 -0400

I think this bears repeating -

Jbilet Winselwan is a good example of how to properly classify a
meteorite from a diverse region such as the Saharan NWA dense
collection area.

Thanks to careful coordination between scientists, hunters, and
collector/dealers, the various individual separate finds were gathered
together under one lead and this was collectively classified to
achieve a single non-anonymous entry in the Meteoritical Bulletin.

Previously, a find like this would have been split up a dozen ways
independently with no communication or coordination between the
parities who acquired material from the field. Each party would have
classified their own material, which would have resulted in several
redundant and anonymous "NWA xxxx" entries in the Met Bull. Instead,
we now have a single concise accounting of this new find.

Well done to everyone involved. This is how it should be done. :)

Best regards and happy huntings,

MikeG

--
Web - http://www.galactic-stone.com