[meteorite-list] Large Camel sweat Chelyabinsk

From: Paul Gessler <cetuspa_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 19:51:54 -0700

I remember when the first stones of Chelyabinsk were being offered by M.
Farmer and he told us all back then
to get them while they were fresh because they would only get uglier when
the snow melted.
Case in point this big sucker looks like it was found in a melt mud puddle.
The second largest shown is dramatically less oxidized.
Reminds me of way back in the 1990's with the Hamada Du Draa / El Hammami
offerings they were supposedly
packed by camels out of the deserts and suffered incredibly brown staining
through and through. I know cuz I bought a big one
from Senior Casper
I wonder how the oxidation is on the inside of that big Chely if it were
sliced?

-Paul Gessler