[meteorite-list] Diggers - No Meteorites

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2013 19:23:29 -0700 (PDT)

These guys are horrible

They don't even possess proper etiquette.

They dig plugs instead of flaps or hinges.? Plugs of grass die and leave hidden holes for children, adults and animals to break their ankles in later on.? They seem more concerned with themselves than others.

They do not use soft-tipped probes so that they don't have to dig gaping holes in most cases.? They never heard of removing coins through slots instead of holes. In some areas, you are not even allowed to carry digging tools so real experts learn to remove items without destroying property.? It is inexperienced hunters like this that make it difficult for the rest us.

They dig on historical sites and do not inform their audience that they had permission before hand.? Now, some of their viewers will feel it is alright to midnight garden on national heritage sites.

They ignore trash left behind by others when they could make a good impression on landowners by removing it. It is always good etiquette to leave a place in better condition than when you entered it.

These guys may seem nice but they are obviously more concerned with their few moments of fleeting fame than fellow treasure hunters that have to pay the ultimate price.

It is idiots like these that ruin it for the rest of us.

Adam