[meteorite-list] Glorieta Hunt - "Diggers" episode Tonight NGC

From: Richard Montgomery <rickmont_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2013 19:23:10 -0700

List and Adam,

It doesn't seem like a random place to begin an honest show for digging
treasures...come on, really? Glorieta??...The elusive and truly legendary
home of the Grand One (thank you HH and SS) we know so well, just happened
to become the "home" for a crappy unreal reality metal detecting showshow?
I smell a very ripe rat.

Some of you know, that I have been detecting gold for 30+ years, and a nice
sprinkling of it sometimes. [Like Adam and Greg, and hopefully all of us
hunting whatever is our passion, we've taken utmost precaution honoring
private property when we obtain permission, leaving all gates as we find
them and anything else we honor (the time-honored handshake and look in the
eye of truth)... There is nothing more important; a given we all follow
when hunting meteorites as well, with eyes or with detectors. Honor first.]
(not a lecture, a high-five)

Shows that dramatize and crap on these principles is our uphill
battle...chime in on how we're going to preserve the honor our ideals while
crap drama reigns. Back to Glorieta....really? How about the city park
right over their?

Of course, I'm singing to the whole Met-List choir.
Richard M