[meteorite-list] Rare space rock goes unnoticed for 140 years - space - 13 December 2013 - New Scientist

From: Marco Langbroek <marco.langbroek_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2013 22:29:12 +0100

Carl Agee schreef op 14-12-2013 22:00:
> For those of you who don't understand Dutch, the lady in the YouTube
> clip is the owner of Diepenveen and she donated it to museum Naturalis
> (which is the merger of the Royal Museums at Leiden). Neat story, and
> clearly great publicity for meteoritics! Now just waiting on Karen
> Ziegler to tell everyone what the oxygen isotopes are :)

I prefer she does not untill our publication has appeared ;-)

'Naturalis' is the Dutch National Museum of Natural History, which is a merger
between the former National museum of Geology, the National Museum of Natural
History, and the State Herbarium.

The former owner indeed donated the stone to the Museum, which is an extremely
kind act!

- Marco

-----
Dr Marco Langbroek