[meteorite-list] THANKS Meteorite List - Source for Book!

From: abelcompany at cox.net <abelcompany_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2013 1:50:58 -0500

Yes, I lurk.

But the times I contribute a na?ve notion or question to this bunch, I am met with half a dozen very kind personal messages off-list from around the world and I value some resultant friends. And I've scoured the Arizona high desert for "Keepers" with several of you...

I also search out Listers yearly at the Tucson show and have a growing meteorite collection...but I want to thank the many contributors to this most excellent assemblage of impassioned professionals.

I must say, I am partial to NASA...I don't care what the topic...and I eat up the photographs to the point of getting hooked on astrophotography and then graphically creating my mind's image of volcanoes on Jupiter's moon's, Einstein's time dilations, binary-system black holes, asteroids, solar events, comets, star-fields and my book's End of Days scenario at the hands of...well...

I've lost track of who in the list exactly put the climax of my book into my head...but thanks to you all. I heard last night that my book is available in print, in all formats as a color eBook ($3.95 or for the list $.99 pre-order till 2014), and in "3-D" Stereo AudioBook form (My AudioBook is free on Amazon so save 20 bucks).

It is a historic WWII narrative based on a year and a half's research and study of Freedom of Information Act documents...and an entire chapter is based on enlightenment and inspiration from this list.

My uncle was an astonishing hero in the retaking of the Philippines and on Luzon he withstood the last, great Banzai Charge of the war over his 30 caliber "Bouncing Betty" machine gun position. He was injured and actually turned down the Silver Star. MacArthur then made him his personal bodyguard for 6 years during the Japanese Occupation after we dropped the bombs.

You can imagine my aggressive research once I found that during that time, General Douglas MacArthur had not only had a personal sighting, but had been tasked by FDR to answer the growing question...the hundreds of headlines and thousands of reports by people around the world reporting Unidentified Flying Objects. In all theaters of the war...and on land, sea and in the air, the famed "Foo Fighters" were continually harassing operations on all sides.

Roosevelt and Gen. Marshall were convinced we were being invaded by aliens!

"MacArthur and the UFOs" traces family stories, FOIA documents, statements by multiple NASA astronauts, presidents and broadcasters...and explores the 20,000 page UFO file Mac created with his action group - the Interplanetary Phenomenon Unit of the United States Army...in truth, this group could be called the original Men in Black...they existed...

I impersonate Kennedy, Roosevelt and MacArthur in this 2-minute video trailer for the book...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jli1e45acaA

I've won multiple national Emmys, CLIOs, Addys, and the New York Film Festival Gold. I'll have two AudioBooks up for Grammys in 2014.

So why tackle this topic, shrouded in mystery and lacking tangible evidence??

When I found the following MacArthur statement in a 1955 graduation speech to West Point, I was compelled to know more:

"You now face a new world, a world of change. We speak in strange terms, of harnessing the cosmic energy, of ultimate conflict between a united human race and the sinister forces of some other planetary galaxy. The nations of the world will have to unite, for the next war will be an interplanetary war. The nations of the earth must someday make a common front against attack by people from other planets."

Thanks,

Jonathan Abel