[meteorite-list] Meteorite preservation question

From: Anthony Tomaselli <jellyphish_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2013 15:12:59 -0500

Do yourself a favor and buy a dehumidifier and a humidity gauge.

Depending on where you live, depends on how much you?ll have to run it. I
live in Jersey so mine runs late spring to early fall when humidity is
over 40% in my ?Moon Room?. Pieces I have etched 20 years ago have not a
sign of rust! Even a huge chunk of crappy Nantan (iron, not shale) I have
stays nice. I also have a nice piece of Morasko that had a vug in it that
just kept rusting. Cut it off and the rest has never rusted since.

Hope that helps.

Cheers and Happy New Year!