[meteorite-list] Ouadangou

From: Marcin Cimala <marcin_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2013 19:11:44 +0100

> I went back to Burkina Faso and bought more pieces, and sadly all had
> either broken on impact or been smashed by the locals. The largest piece
> was 2.2 kilograms, 100% crusted individual, which has been hit with a rock
> and broke into three pieces which fit back together perfectly. It still
> has grass embedded in the crust from impact. That is a very dry area and
> none of the pieces ever saw a drop of water on them. I bought over 4
> kilograms and Marcin Cimala also got some samples as my meteorite contacts
> also sent some out to him:) So much for loyalty in Africa.
> Michael Farmer

Hi List and Mike.
I think it was not soo bad as You think it was with africa loyalty. :)
Becouse You bough Ouadangou (Lampiayrie as I called it) in 2003 and I got my
345g in 2004 beetween aprill and june. My samples was propably from someone
who keep them for himsels and later decided to sell to my contact.

Now I need print new labels for my collection specimens

If You want , here are some photos from 2004, enjoy
http://www.polandmet.com/_lampiayrie.htm

http://www.Meteoryty.pl marcin(at)meteoryty.pl
http://www.PolandMET.com marcin(at)polandmet.com
http://www.Gao-Guenie.com GSM: +48 (793) 567667