[meteorite-list] Holocene Start Impact Event Work

From: Rich Murray <rmforall_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2013 12:59:07 -0800

Re: [meteorite-list] Holocene Start Impact Event Work

On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 8:59 AM PST, E.P. Grondine <epgrondine at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Well, first off, if it comes from Dennis Cox or Rich Murray, you may ignore it as delusional. If you want to point out to them that they are delusional, that is okay, but not required.
>
> On the other hand, Pierson Baretta works with published materials and South American geologists, so you don't need to do anything there, either.
>
> The Holocene Impact Working Group is formed out of geologists, and you are not required.
>
> There is no question but that Firestone's initial geological work was really rotten. I particularly enjoyed your paraphrase of his hypothesis as it evolved; I did not enjoy going round and round over the confusion of the iron impacts with the cometary impacts.
>
> But since then Firestone's gotten a lot of help. They now have their own geologists and labs.
>
> It would help if Boslough et al read their work before publishing.

> Well, good hunting everyone,
> and have a great show,
>
> E.P. Grondine
> Man and Impact in the Americas

hoping to find someone to evaluate possible impactites near Santa Fe,
NM: Geoffrey Notkin: Rich Murray 2012.09.15

Hello Geoff,

Do you know anyone near Santa Fe, New Mexico, expert about meteorites
and impactites, who could evaluate my collection of cracked rocks with
shiny blue-black glazes, along with some perhaps surface melted quartz
type rocks?

Age 70, retired in 2007 after 2 decades as home hospice care giver in
Santa Fe, I'm moving to a new home with my wife in Imperial Beach,
south of San Diego, October 1, and will have to leave behind many
interesting rocks I've found easily in short road trips within a
hundred miles of Santa Fe, since November 2008.

within mutual service, Rich Murray
505-819-7388
rmforall at gmail.com

Aug 31 to meteorite-list at meteroritecentral.com

smooth blue-black melt glaze on 2 sharp red-brown nearby surface rocks
under left side of Mount Sharp in Curiosity Mars panorama? Rich Murray
2012.08.31

http://www.panoramas.dk/mars/curiosity-first-color-360.html

high resolution adjustable view --

compare with surface glazes on sharp rocks in California and New Mexico:

pertinent features near Campbell Mountain, studied by Dennis Cox, by
his house in Fresno, CA: Rich Murray 2011.06.27
http://rmforall.blogspot.com/2011_06_01_archive.htm
Monday, June 27, 2011
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/astrodeep/message/87

It is easy in a few hours to locate pertinent features to the N, E,
SE, and S of Campbell Mountain, studied by Dennis Cox, a few miles NE
of his house in Fresno, CA.

Maybe some of us can visit for a weekend and drive around, as many
intriguing sites can be found by roads.

http://craterhunter.wordpress.com/the-planetary-scaring-of-the-younger-dryas-impact-event/california-melt/

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=5d6b9f6c30c6fe9f&sc=photos&id=5D6B9F6C30C6FE9F%21\1348
19 images of Fresno mountains and rock samples

Dennis Cox blog, plain text, with images of samples of magnetic black glaze
on melt rocks from 13 Ka ice comet fragment extreme plasma storm geoablation
in Fresno, California: Rich Murray 2010.07.02
http://rmforall.blogspot.com/2010_07_01_archive.htm
Friday, July 2, 2010
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/astrodeep/message/53

photo of typical air burst geoablation glaze on hard bedrock at top of
Mount Helix park, E San Diego: Rich Murray 2012.03.15
http://rmforall.blogspot.com/2012/03/redbrown-glaze-on-hard-crystalline.html
http://rmforall.blogspot.com/2012/03/photo-of-typical-air-burst-geoablation.html

10 m broken rock hill with black glazes, W of Rancho Alegre Road, S of
Coyote Trail, W of Hwy 14, S of Santa Fe, New Mexico, tour of 50
photos 1 MB size each via DropBox: Rich Murray 2011.07.28 2011.08.03
http://rmforall.blogspot.com/2011/08/10-m-broken-rock-hill-with-black-glazes.html
http://rmforall.blogspot.com/2011/08/35479730-106085926-1865-km-el-top-10-m.html
photos 3-5 of 50
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/astrodeep/message/92