[meteorite-list] Boom 28 secs after Russian meteor passes overhead - oops^8 88 secs!

From: Rob Matson <mojave_meteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2013 22:32:45 -0800

Hi Robin,

Okay -- a minute and 28 seconds is quite a bit more "normal".
Now we're talking about an altitude between 25 and 30 km.
With this higher altitude, the average temperature drops so
the average speed of sound will also. Call it around 305 m/sec.
That puts the range at just under 27 km, so altitude might
have been as low as 26 km at closest approach to Korkino.
At that altitude, a large mass might continue more than
100 km further downrange if the entry angle was as shallow
as 10 degrees.

--Rob