[meteorite-list] Chebarkul Videos - Choice Selections to, Watch (Part Two)

From: James Beauchamp <falcon99_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 20:16:04 -0600

Shock waves are spherically radiating from a central point in a detonation. In the meteor case, it is radiating from a moving point along a line.

You hear smaller shock waves after the main bang because of the larger distance between you and the rest of the meteor path. Those sounds come later. Echoes from other ground features that the shockwave hits after passing you contributes as well.

We learned this physics lesson firsthand in Iraq :(

Sent from my iPad