[meteorite-list] Are the floodgates about to open? (Chebarkul on eBay - possibly real)

From: Graham Ensor <graham.ensor_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2013 02:16:52 +0000

Hi Mike

>From what I have seen these look authentic with the location shots and
attached ice stems, plus characteristic breaks along shock veins...but
I'm sure there will eventually be a flood of stones at reasonable
prices. The difficulty will come in judging what/when to pay/buy if it
snows and covers all traces now and others are not collected till the
spring....the ones now will be much fresher....spring ones will likely
be inferior more weathered samples if they end up lying in the thaw.

Graham