[meteorite-list] Special Session at EWASS 2013: Rocks In Our Solar System - Bridging the Gap Between Meteor, Meteorite and Asteroid Studies

From: Ron Baalke <baalke_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 09:10:25 -0800 (PST)

http://www.physics.helsinki.fi/conf/EWASS2013

European Week of Astronomy and Space Science - EWASS 2013
8 - 13 July 2013, Logomo Centre, Turku, Finland

Special Session Sp11 (Friday, July 12, 2013)

Rocks in our Solar System - bridging the gap between meteor, meteorite
and asteroid studies

Conveners:
Tomas Kohout
Maria Gritsevich

Scope:

The session will bring together scientists working on all aspects of
Solar System rocky material properties. The topic includes laboratory
analysis of meteorites and cosmic dust as well as observations and
modeling of both meteoroids and asteroids. The contributions bridging
the gap between properties of meteors, meteorites and asteroids are
highly welcome.

The session will also focus on recent Chelyabinsk fireball / Chebarkul
meteorite fall event in order to put together knowledge acquired from
studies of fireball trajectory, orbital analysis, and recovered meteorites.

Abstract submission:

Abstract submission, registration, and conference programme is available
on EWASS 2013 main page <http://www.astro.utu.fi/EWASS2013/index.php>.