[meteorite-list] New measures to protect fossils

From: Galactic Stone & Ironworks <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 16:36:27 -0500

If the companies would pay their workers a decent living wage and
decent benefits, we wouldn't be shipping off all of our manufacturing
jobs overseas. And I don't want to hear that BS baloney about fleeing
unfair regulations. We could strip every regulation out of the books,
and those greed-dominated execs would still ship off the jobs to
fatten their profit margin. What we should outlaw is the outsourcing
of manufacturing jobs. Want something built right and solid - build
it here at home. Worse, the Chinese will steal any patent or designs
you have - the minute you have something built in China, you just
handed over your product to every competitor on the market. I've seen
this happen again and again with telescopes and optics.

Want something built to last, go here - USA, Germany, and Japan.

BTW - did you know there is not a single company that produces
binoculars here in the US? The last company is Leupold, and they just
assemble them here using foreign-sourced parts. The US used to make
the best binoculars in the world - now we don't make any.

An American name like "GE" means nothing now - it's just a label
slapped onto a Chinese-made product. All because of the
corporate-profit mindset and not regulations. Corporate and
individual greed is killing American capitalism - just like it did for
American manufacturing. We are reaping what we sowed now. I hope
everyone enjoys their cheap plastic junk and I hope the corporate
boardroom is happy with the gold-plated private jets whose toliets
flush using the tears of unicorns.

Best regards,

MikeG
--