[meteorite-list] A reply note for JASON concerning my Chelyabinsk Meteorites for sale on EBAY

From: jason utas <jasonutas_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 09:51:04 -0800

Jorge,

1) I am not selling any material from this fall, nor do I plan to.

2) So much of the material you're selling in your ebay account is so
painfully misrepresented that I fear no threat from you. You're
either woefully ignorant, or a cheat. Either way, you have no grounds
to be threatening anyone who points this out.

Written proof is worth as much as the person who's writing it, which
means nothing in your case.

You sell common NWA's as meteorites from Oman, Burkina Faso, and the
Atacama, have already sold a piece of an H-chondrite as Chelyabinsk
material:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chelyabinsk-RUSSIA-2013-Meteor-Event-1-20gr-Very-Rare-Meteorite-Specimen-/321079087502?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ac1ce118e

To say nothing of the mislabeled Canyon Diablo, Sikhote Alin, and
several smaller specimens of rare falls that you've listed in recent
months that have consisted of caliche-encrusted fragments of NWA
meteorites. At any given point, I'd say about a third to a half of
your "non-NWA" material is misrepresented (or perhaps accidentally
mislabeled, but the end result is the same).

You're trying to make money off of the people in our community by
deceiving us. I wouldn't expect mush sympathy here.

Jason