[meteorite-list] Danby Dry Lake

From: Larry Atkins <thetoprok_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2013 14:21:18 -0500 (EST)

Ah, I understand now, Jim.

Thanks for the clarification.

Sincerely,
Larry Atkins
?
IMCA # 1941
Ebay?alienrockfarm
?

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Wooddell <jimwooddell at gmail.com>
To: Meteorite List <meteorite-list at meteoritecentral.com>
Sent: Tue, Jan 1, 2013 12:00 pm
Subject: Re: [meteorite-list] Danby Dry Lake

Hi Larry,

This is a Danby meteorite. My comment was about getting the pictures
submitted to the bulletin.
My point on the pictures is there is not much out there in regards to
the interior view of them. The only interior
pictures I've see was a short paper Bob Verish wrote when the TKW was
increase. Other than that, can not find much on it.
This particular sample, in my care, was cut and tested by U of A for
Jim Kriegh. They may still have the other side of it for all I know!
It was found by him and this was his last hunt before he passed.
His Birthday was a few days ago and I had posted the pictures of this
specimen, thinking he would enjoy having shared it.

It's an interesting meteorite as it's a rock that with the human eye,
you'd have to give it a really hard look to see the breccia. I do
find
the H6 classification interesting for this as it sure does not look
like a typical H6 I am use to looking at by any stretch of the
imagination!

Jim

http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa325/desertsunburn/Danby%20Dry%20Lake%20Meteorite/DSCN1034.jpg

http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa325/desertsunburn/Danby%20Dry%20Lake%20Meteorite/DSCN0997.jpg