[meteorite-list] "Black Martian Beauty" NWA 7034 has just hit the headlines

From: Mendy Ouzillou <ouzillou_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2013 12:14:04 -0800 (PST)

Oops, responded to wrong email.

Resending.

First, congrats to Jay Piatek.

Second, this stone is presently
listed in the MetBull as an ungrouped achondrite, not as a Martian
because it does not fall under the SNC umbrella. However, why was this
not classified as at least a Martian and perhaps ungrouped? I realize
that a new class requires normally 5 different specimens even if ALH
8001 is the only member of the Martian (OPX) group ...

Mendy

?
Mendy Ouzillou