[meteorite-list] Dealer views of 2012 Sales

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 09:43:49 -0800 (PST)

I will let you know when I figure the exceedingly high taxes partially due to the Affordable Healthcare Act.? Taxes are now so complicated that it took a 19 page return for 2011and this doesn't include 1099s that had to be issued for anything over $599.00.? I feel sorry for the paper boy.? I can only imagine how difficult 2012 will be with a flood of new tax requirements. I can hardly wait for 2013 with record level and numerous hidden tax increases hidden in the "healthcare bill!"

Overall, I would say 2012 was an average year for meteorite sales considering the terrible shape the economy is in.? And as Mike pointed out, eBay is becoming more and more difficult to deal with.? 2012 held a record number of unpaid item disputes and "lost" sent packages for me.? It seems some people have fun bidding on items but refuse to pay for them with no real recourse from eBay.? If any item is "lost" then a seller can count on not recovering any funds since PayPal maintains the right to manage all of your money in their account.

Here is to a better looking 2013 where diversification may save the day!

Adam
?

?