[meteorite-list] "POLONNARUWA METEORITE WITH EVIDENCE OF LIFE FROM OUTER SPACE...."

From: Prof. Zelimir Gabelica Université de Haute Alsace ENSCMu, <zelimir.gabelica_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 10:15:19 +0100

Hello Jodie, Mike, Sterling, List

I fully agree on all Jodie's pertinent remarks against a true novel
finding, in particular the fact that the results were accepted and
published in that "journal of Cosmology" (not Cosmetology), only a
couple of weeks after the "discovery".
In fact, why did they not keep this secret until prestigious journals
as "Nature" or "Science" accept to publish the first note? I guess
that this "most important finding since 500 years" should have never
be refused by these journals!

But if you read their paper, one can also find fundamental scientific
counter-arguments that argue for a huge hoax.

Look at the picture of the fragment. This has NOTHING to do with Maribo!
It is far too porous!!!

I suspect a simple scoria.
I don't know whether this area is volcanic but imagine a volcanic
scoria lying there since long months or years, for sure such diatomea
or red rain "grains" can well find time to get inserted within the
scoria pore structure.

The identification as a meteorite was claimed quasi exclusively on the
basis of a simple EDX analysis (why not quantitative microprobe ?).
Where are other id data absolutely required to characterize a new
meteorite ???

How a so to say reputed journal can accept such poor data (unless the
"mafia" hypothesis is retained) ?

Ok, even if we rely on the EDX data alone, the fact that they found "a
lot of" carbon (how much????) and olivine etc., becomes trivial if one
considers that the carbon obviously comes from the fossilized diatomea
or from the red rain grains themselves and that almost all volcanic
scoria in the world do also contain olivine! (believe me, I am
collecting scorias and lavas from different world wide volcanoes).

This was enough for me to stop the further reading. The sad side of
the "news" is that it is so readily reported by journalists without
any side checks, provided the title is sensational.

Zelimir

--
Prof. Zelimir Gabelica
Universit? de Haute Alsace