[meteorite-list] iron martian meteorites

From: Yinan Wang <veomega_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 14:26:43 -0500

In order to get a true Martian iron meteorite, you would need an
impact large enough to knock out a chunk of the core, which as far as
I'm aware has not occurred. Although I guess you could technically get
iron ore as a Martian meteorite if an impact hit the right location,
or even a sedimentary Martian meteorite (but that probably would not
survive long).

I believe the iron meteorites that rovers bumped into on Mars are
essentially the same ones we run into on Earth; iron meteorites fall
onto Mars and last longer.

-Yinan