[meteorite-list] Pallasites OC'c LDG and other goodies

From: Mike Jensen <meteoriteplaya_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2013 14:54:08 -0700

Hi All
I decided to put these few meteorites up before I head to Tucson. I
will be heading there on Tuesday so let me know ASAP if you are
interested in any of my offers.

The first one is a new NWA pallasite. It is highly weathered with all
the metal being completely replaced. It does not have a number and is
being sold that way. I prefer to sell these in lots.
Individuals
25- 50 grams $3.50 / g let me know your preferred size
10-25 grams $5.00 / g
100 gram lots - $2.50 / g
250 gram lots- $2.00 / g
500 gram lots- $1.75 / g
whole box ??? email me for a price.
https://picasaweb.google.com/109538410126952617536/Pallasite?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCL_49IPehsSJlQE&feat=directlink

Next some NWA unclassified OC's. I will let you high grade these and
just offer any one at 27.5 cents per gram.
https://picasaweb.google.com/109538410126952617536/OCSmaller?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCIfHv5ja_t-p7QE&feat=directlink

Offered these before. If you want any of these how about 10% off one
piece or 20% off two or more.

Here are some pictures:
https://picasaweb.google.com/109538410126952617536/OCSWeek1?authuser=0&feat=directlink

967g Nice high quality piece with no fresh breaks and no weathering cracks.
0.35 / g = $338

1087g Top portion of the meteorite has good showy crust. Does have a
couple of weathering cracks showing.
0.30 / g = $326

1083g This one is around 2/3 crusted with a couple of weathering
cracks showing. Also has nice rich fusion crust.
0.325 / g = $352

1094g Top half of this meteorite has relict fusion crust that is
coated with a desert varnish. Still a nice solid piece.
0.275 / g = $328

964g Top half of this one has good crust with a weak desert polish
0.35 / g = $301

1188g Fully crusted monster with one area that has been sand blasted.
0.375 / g = $445

879g Really odd look to this one as it has a charcoal like black
appearance to it. Someone has polished a window on it. Very solid
meteorite.
0.375 / g = $329

1942g All surfaces are crusted on this one with just some areas that
have been sand blasted. Loads of regmaglypts on this one make it one
of my favorite in this batch.
0.35 / g = $679

1227g Top face and bottom face are fully crusted but all edges are
sand blasted completely erasing the crust.
0.275 / g = $337

1553g Big weathered fragment with one patch of fusion crust.
0.25 / g = $388

1495g About 1/2 of this piece is still crusted. Fairly showy on one
side as it has several regmaglypts.
0.275 / g $411

https://picasaweb.google.com/109538410126952617536/OCSWeek1?authuser=0&feat=directlink

Here is a great lot of LDG that I purchased some years ago. Each piece
has been professionally cleaned. So most will not have the reddish
tint that is common with the typical LDG. I am trying to sell this
quickly so I have dropped the price down to lower that I have ever
seen it. The lot has had all the highest grade piece removed but there
are still plenty of individuals that should sell for over $0.75 per
gram.
Please look here for pictures of the typical quality of material available:

https://picasaweb.google.com/109538410126952617536/LDG?authuser=0&feat=directlink

Prices are:
500 grams -1kg 30 cents/gram
1kg - 5kg 25 cents/gram
5kg - 10kg 20 cents/gram

If you want specific sizes let me know and I will try to accommodate
you as much as possible. Shipping is extra. If you plan on going to
the Tucson show let me know and I will deliver it to you there for no
charge.

https://picasaweb.google.com/109538410126952617536/May17201202

Udei Station IAB-ungr Om Tons of silicates in this little piece.
16.6 g $125.00

Huckitta Pallasite Super thin slice. Has "Rocks on Fire" label.
4.9 $10.00

Unclassified NWA Mostly NWA 869 but at least two that are different.
212 g $75.00

Gibeon Jewelry pieces. I have several of these. They are etched and
coated with some very thick "glop" that certainly would have to be
removed with a solvent before they could be used. Only the largest
piece is shown.
$15 each or all for $10 each 6 pieces

Camel Donga Eucrite

65.5 g $950

https://picasaweb.google.com/109538410126952617536/May102012

Campo Del Cielo Iron IAB Og Argentina

Nice smaller whole iron with great character.
3.64 kg $550 - 10% = $495
Nice silicated end cut. Contains some tiny olivine so it could be
called pallasitic. Does have a couple of rust spots.
432 g $650 - 10% = $585

NWA 869
Large slice
971 g $874.00 - 10% = $786

NWA unclassified lot. Ex Mark Bostick label
35.4 g $20.00 - 10% = $18.00

Taza(NWA 859) Iron ungrouped
31.6 g $190.00 - 10% = $171.00

Zag Stone H3-5 Fell 1998 Western Sahara
4 stone lot
259 g $250.00 - 10% = $225.00

Phillipinites Tektites Flat piece is very chipped. The photo does not
show that very well.
74.5 g $75.00 - 10% = $67.50

Pultusk Meteorite Coin Cook Islands - Pultusk Meteorite Fragment - $5
- 2008 - Palladium - Proof Silver Crown - Box & COA
$150.00 - 10% = $135.00

Nantan Meteorite Coin Palau - Genuine Nantan Meteorite Proof Silver
Crown - 2006 - $5 - Box & COA
$150.00 - 10% = $135.00

Pictures can be seen here;
https://picasaweb.google.com/109538410126952617536/May32012

Kunashak L6 Fell June 1949 Very nice thin slices probably around 1mm or less.
0.514g $51.00 - 10% = $46.00 - 10% = $41.00
0.337g $33.00 - 10% = $29.50 - 10% = $26.50
0.291g $29.00 - 10% = $26.00 - 10% = $23.00

Stannern Stone Eucrite Fell 1808 Micro thin slices.
0.185g = $92.50 - 10% = $83.00 - 10% = $74.50
0.071g = $35.50 - 10% = $32.00 - 10% = $28.50
0.068g = $34.00 - 10% = $30.50 - 10% = $27.50
0.061g = $30.50 - 10% = $27.50 - 10% = $24.75

Of course postage is extra.
Thanks for looking!

--
Mike