[meteorite-list] Fwd: OT: Flu shot before Tucson?

From: hall at meteorhall.com <hall_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2013 20:45:04 -0500

This virus went through the Denver/Boulder Colorado area a month ago. I
know two people that got it, one a 22 year old lady that went to the
Boulder hospital, and she recovered just fine. The other was my 80 year
old Mom, that got it five days after having a hip replaced, while in a
recovery facility, the day before Christmas. Three or four patients got it
and a few of the staff. My Mom said it was the WORST stomach flu that she
has experienced. No one was allowed into the facility during Christmas
because of the illness going around. My family visited my Mom four days
after Christmas, and we missed seeing the sign that stated "gloves, mask
and gown must be worn inside this room" We all kissed Mom, and none of us
got the bug. If an 80 year old lady that just had a hip replaced can
recover, then most people will recover just fine. I have not heard of
anyone else getting this stomach flu in this area in the last three weeks.
   I will be in Tucson, as I have for the last 26 years (only missing one
year) and I have never caught the flu at the Tucson Show. Lucky me.
There is always some kind of cold or flu going around, it is just that
time of year. No reason to hide out.
Good Luck, See Ya There, Fred Hall
PS: I remember way back, when Bob Haag wore a simulated space suit while
selling meteorites at the Denver Show. Maybe we should all wear one at the
party and auction...just for laughs!