[meteorite-list] ED fix

From: Michael Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Jul 2013 16:04:10 -0700

Adam & all,

        Big Brother is here.

        As Adam pointed out, this IS highly related to meteorite
Collecting as it effects the behavior of meteorite hunters "in
The field" - and even in "the marketplace" and the question
As to whether they will be able to continue functioning with the
Liberty we used to enjoy in this country.

        Finally something "political" Adam and I agree on
Whole heartedly. And people are making jokes about this!

        This is the second biggest threat to "the American way" our
Country has faced in its existence.

(of course subversion of the democratic process and violations against the
anti-monopoly laws by "Big Business" {see supreme court decision allowing
Big Buisiness to contribute unlimited $ to finance campaigns of politicians
Because "corporations are people" and the fall of free enterprise through
Monopolization run amok). The conservative "hawk" Ike Eisenhower warned
Us about this, coining the term, "the military-industrial complex" (and that
Didn't directly address the even bigger monster, Big Oil {and coal})

        So, now that our government is controlled by big business and
The marketplace is controlled by big business, now WE, individually
Are being spied upon CONSTANTLY by big business AND "our own"
(it is really theirs, now) government!

        Lest you think this is "hooey" note that everywhere you go on the
web you may be addressed by your OWN NAME and told what you are
likely to want!

        Now every single communication of any electronic means is recorded.

        Ever since 9-11 the American people have been willing to give away
their freedom for the sake of (the perception of) safety. Who was it, Ben
Franklin? - one of the "founding fathers" who said (paraphrased) "anyone
willing to give up freedom for safety deserves neither."

         Someone on the list stated, " just accept it." Really?

        If every American on the list isn't deeply concerned about this,
what the hell are you celebrating today? - it is the 4th of July, the
Day we traditionally celebrate the "freedom" and "liberty" this country
Is SUPPOSED to be about.

        Many of us are in the Baby-boomer generation. Many of us were in the
vanguard of the anti-establishment movement that changed America's approach
to conformity (INTENSE in the 50s and early 60s), racism, gender
discrimination, sexual repression, fear of words (free speech), etc.
However, 'movements' and 'revolutions' (non-violent, hopefully) must be
conducted by "the people" and Big Business and political maneuvering
Continually distract us with the straw dogs of 'welfare,' 'taxes,' health
care, illegal immigration, and the like - as those were the "the problems"
Threatening "the people" when it is really Big Business and Governmental
Corruption (largely BY Big Business) that are THE problems we face. But
As long as they can keep us focused on the straw dogs (mentioned above),
We won't focus on THEM - the government/politicians, it/themselves and
On the subversive influence and manipulation of Big Busines.

        Instead, here we are, folks, with them focusing on US!

        How's it working for you so far? The old slowly boiled frog and the
guy who jumped out the window and someone on a lower floor of the
Skyscraper asks him, "how are you doing?" and he says, "so far, fine."

        Sorry folks, but it is hard for me to "celebrate" the 4th with our
country in the final struggle (but no one is struggling - most don't seem
To have a hint that it is happening) to preserve what the 4th of July
represents.

        The guy who outed this information should be given the highest
Civilian medal we have.... Right before he goes to prison for life for
Treason for giving other crucial information to other countries.

        Thank you, Adam, for pointing out how repressive a situation we are
Facing that even collecting meteorites has come under the ever watchful
Eye of Big Brother!

        Welcome to 1984,
        Michael