[meteorite-list] ED fix

From: James Beauchamp <falcon99_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2013 20:45:49 -0700 (PDT)

LOL, seriously, if the pilot saw you guys and did a maneuver, it was out of showing off and fun. Far from any malice.

As a former aircrew guy, and recently retired from a 23 year air force career, I promise you they could care less about rock collectors. There isn't enough training time - especially in the last five years - to go around. They are extremely busy trying to check the boxes - either test cards or the weapon school / Red Flag scenario at hand. They are concentrating on the mission, the aircraft systems, and things in the air that [if not watched carefully] can kill them. That list includes other airplanes, drones, birds, things falling off the airplane, engines a few degrees from alloy melting points, and ridgelines that like to smack pilots that don't pay attention.

They have to do all this, and accomplish an over-loaded task list with just enough in the tanks to land with a couple of thousand pounds of reserve fuel.

Like an over-tasked soccer mom with 1000 kids in the back of the mini-van, they are concentrating on much more serious things than people waling around on the desert floor :)