[meteorite-list] Meteorite Fragments in Gold Medals, O MY :)

From: Shawn Alan <photophlow_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 01:47:48 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Listers
?
This is pretty cool, now I wish I was in the Winter Olympics now, this will take meteorite collecting to a new level?of collecting :)
?
?Shawn Alan
IMCA 1633
ebay store
http://stores.ebay.com/imca1633ny?_rdc=1
http://meteoritefalls.com/
?
?
Abstract
?
"The upcoming 2014 Winter Olympics, scheduled to be held in Sochi, Russia, will have some very unusual gold medals for several event-winners. As recently announced by Russian olympic officials, a few of the gold medals for next February's games will have pieces of the meteor?that struck the Russian city of Chelyablinsk earlier this year. The meteorite medals will be handed out on February 15th, 2014. This will mark the one-year anniversary of the terrifying incident that injured 1,600 people, and destroyed thousands of windows as well as large amounts of property in the city."
?
Source: http://bostinno.streetwise.co/2013/07/25/meteorite-fragments-in-gold-medals-some-russian-olympic-medals-will-have-pieces-from-this-years-meteor-video/