[meteorite-list] Misabled/ poorly advertized "meteorites"

From: Michael Farmer <mike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2013 06:45:35 -0700

I was looking at the sale on my iPhone when I made the purchase. I never considered that Martin would pass me a fake label through his hands knowingly. I was busy and it was not a major purchase so I didn't look carefully enough. You can never say that this plastic modern label suggest in any way that these are AML pieces.
However I am dead serious about my collection and the integrity of this business. As a dealer in meteorites, the loss of trust in material is the most dangerous thing that could happen. If we don't remove these fakes from the market, we are in trouble.
I dont care who made it, but I can't believe Martin would ever sell such things.
Michael Farmer

Sent from my iPhone

>>> http://www.meteoritenhaus.de/img/Murchison_8_13_g_003.JPG

>>> http://www.meteoritenhaus.de/img/Bondoc_244_g_002.JPG
>>> http://www.meteoritenhaus.de/img/Bondoc_244_g_003.JPG

>>> http://www.meteoritenhaus.de/img/Estherville_111_g_001.JPG
>>> http://www.meteoritenhaus.de/img/Estherville_111_g_002.JPG
>>> http://www.meteoritenhaus.de/img/Estherville_111_g_003.JPG
>>> http://www.meteoritenhaus.de/img/Estherville_111_g_004.JPGhttp://www.meteori
>>> tenhaus.de/img/Estherville_111_g_005.JPG
>>>

>>> Prices:
>>> Bondoc 244g $1350
>>> Estherville 111g $1387
>>>
>>> Both together: $2580
>>>

>>> And for your patience, to have read the advertizing until that point, a
>>> third goodie:
>>>
>>> MURCHISON AT BELOW 100$/g
>>>
>>> All said about Murchison.
>>> The recent 5 years it got so sought after, that the standard price, even
>>> for
>>> larger stones, has established at 150$/g
>>> (and even 200-250$/g for minor amounts here and there and on ebay). Below
>>> you won't get any anymore.
>>>
>>> Here now a fragment, naked without crust and grinded on one side,
>>> At $800 with a weight of 8.13grams - which is 98.4$/g.
>>>
>>> The label on the back is looking familiar, but we didn't get it, from whom
>>> it could be.
>>> Maybe you can identify it? The font is outdated today, print looks like to
>>> stem from the time, when the printers still had needles.
>>> http://www.meteoritenhaus.de/img/Murchison_8_13_g_004.JPG
>>> http://www.meteoritenhaus.de/img/Murchison_8_13_g_001.JPG
>>> http://www.meteoritenhaus.de/img/Murchison_8_13_g_003.JPG
>>>

>>> Now time to let the games begin!