[meteorite-list] World Record Slice Produced By Marlin Cilz!

From: Jason Utas <meteoritekid_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 15:49:34 -0700

Hello All,
I hate to rain on the parade, but I'd do some research before making
'record-breaking' claims.

http://curator.jsc.nasa.gov/lunar/lsc/61016.pdf

I don't know how much the largest slabs of Apollo material weigh(ed),
but they were/are sizable. And I don't even know if the huge slabs in
the above document were/are the largest they cut.

This isn't my project, so I don't feel particularly inclined to ask
NASA how large their largest slices of lunar material weigh(ed).

Either way the old record probably goes to NASA. Marlin could hold a
new record having cut a 1.1 kg slice, but that's questionable given
the photos in the above article, if nothing else.

Regards,
Jason

www.fallsandfinds.com