[meteorite-list] Meteorite market talk on radio

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2013 17:10:26 -0800 (PST)

Guido Asked:

"Can anyone argue that we are better off as a result of three years
hyping the rarity and value of meteorites on cable TV and in the
nation's print media?"

I am beginning to long for the good old days just a decade ago.? I have seen over a dozen countries restrict meteorite hunting including the U.S. in the past few years, many farms and ranches are now off limits due to the perception of being treated, fraud is at an all time high and wackos are coming out of the woodwork at an alarming rate. ? Other than that, we are great shape.

Every time a self-proclaimed spokesperson seeking fleeting fame steps up to the plate, the rest of us are left to deal with the aftermath.

Happy Hunting,

Adam