[meteorite-list] Question on Book Copyright date??

From: Martin Goff <msgmeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2013 20:16:02 +0000

Hi Don/list,

I have a few of these booklets in different colours and i asked the
question to Mike Jensen a while ago. Below is his reply:

"Those are available in several different colors. I seem to find the
bright orange? color the most. But I have seen a more red cover and
one closer to the 1969 yellow? color as well. So yes they are
produced in several different colors. I always thought the blue ones
were the rarest color but I have actually seen several of them
recently. I also must point out I have seen so few of them over the
years that my opinions are based on a very small population so I could
easily be wrong when I state rarest...most...fewest...etc.
Something I find curious is only the 42 seems to have been produced in
several different colors. I do have one later edition that has a very
light yellow cover but every other book I have seen is the 69 yellow
cover"

So it appears that the 1969 edition has the yellow cover and you may
be able to date them according to the colour of the cover. Nice little
booklets :-)

Cheers

Martin

--