[meteorite-list] Membrane boxes go boom?

From: Frank Cressy <fcressy_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2013 19:44:35 -0800 (PST)

Hi Tracy,

I had the membrane in one small box degrade and get very cloudy over a eight
year (or so)?period.? I was storing small mineral crystals in it. I think it was

a result of heat as it was kept in my office where the AC is turned off on the
weekends and it gets a little toasty here in the summer in Bakersfield.? I've
seen nothing with?any meteorite specimens stored this way, but there are stored
in a more temperature environment.?

All the best,

Frank