[meteorite-list] Sharing a Find (and What It Is That It Somewhat Resembles, In My Opinion)

From: Peter Richards <pedrichards_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2013 12:04:38 -0600

It's not attracted to a magnet.
I'll note, there are pictures of the rock, from earlier, in which not
only is the lighting a little better, but between the two
photo-sessions, I had "displayed" the stone on the surface of a stereo
loudspeaker, apparently therefore causing some of the globular
portions of the coating to turn white, and to dust... In the crevices,
and next to various lips, accumulated (somehow), black-coloured
material still remains (only a small portion of it was lost), although
not depicted as successfully in the artificial lighting. Apparently
not many searched so far as to find those images, and perhaps I should
have shared them initially, here's a link to such a one:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/67498324 at N08/8525584563/in/photostream/

thank you,
Peter Richards