[meteorite-list] [met-list] Fwd: sharp protrusion from an iron meteorite

From: Jason Utas <meteoritekid_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2013 19:47:06 -0800

Hello Bob, All,
Metal protrusions like that are common on cleaned irons. They are
usually slivers of fresh metal formerly surrounded by oxide that are
exposed via cleaning.

Since we have no evidence that Baygorria is or ever was actually
distinct from Campo del Cielo, I wouldn't be so bold as to say that
the original mass was a distinct meteorite. It might have been, but
you assert it as though it's fact. I would disagree without
additional evidence.

I agree. Self-pairing when there's any question of the material being
different is a no-no.

Regards,
Jason