[meteorite-list] SA daytime meteor 12mar2013 -radar anyone

From: drtanuki <drtanuki_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2013 07:12:40 -0700 (PDT)

List, Anyone have access to SA radar? Met/mets on the ground, maybe?
Contrary to SA News reports-
The object was NOT the size of a marble. This object was in the order of 10s-100s kg, maybe up to half the size of a VW bug or a full bug, to be seen in daytime and produce sonics. Hopefully they will find a competent scientist to comment. Since there was no fragmentation reported I suspect that it may be an iron meteoroid that entered the atmosphere. I also suspect given the reports that we have a new meteorite to be found on the ground.
Best, Dirk Ross...Tokyo

http://lunarmeteoritehunters.blogspot.jp/2013/03/mbiq-detects-south-africa-bolide.html