[meteorite-list] Possible Meteorwrong

From: Joshua Tree Earth & Space Museum <dorifry_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2013 12:38:12 -0400

I was sent these pictures of a possible meteorite find in southern
Indiana.It's hard to tell from the blurry pictures, but it looks like iron
oxide. A geologist told them it was a meteorite because it attracts a magnet
and has chondrule like formations. I was told it had flakes of metal but I
couldn't see them in the photos.

Any ideas?

There's another guy in southern Indiana who believes he found another piece
of Harrison County, an L6 that fell in 1859. Wouldn't that be pretty much
eroded away by now, even if it was shocked like NWA 869?

Phil Whitmer
Joshua Tree Earth & Space Museum

http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/x466/joshuatree3333/August2011/IMG_7772_zps0513c6f7.jpg

http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/x466/joshuatree3333/August2011/IMG_7773_zpscc998a29.jpg