[meteorite-list] Chelyabinsk meteorite

From: Count Deiro <countdeiro_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2013 02:14:19 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Hello Shawn.

I think you may be oversimplifying the composition of individuals and frags of the same fall. It would be remarkable to me that each portion of a specimen would have the same percentage of metal. I don't think whatever process creates a meteorite involves the surety of an equal distribution of elements throughtout by volumn.

Some areas of the meterorite is gonna have more metal and some ain't. That would acount for a specimen having different lithographies like Almahatta Sitta for ezample.

I'm operating on short info here, but I think ya'll get the drift. But,to answer one of your queries, all nine of my little Pultusk looking peas of Chebarkul had the same unscientifically measured attraction to a neo magnet.

Regards,

Count Deiro
INCA 3536