[meteorite-list] A Bunch of Irregular Stones I Found (+How I Think They May Have Originated)

From: Martin Altmann <altmann_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2013 07:55:10 +0100

Hmmm Peter,

>If you wanted to help, you might have suggested why a folded portion of an
outer >layer of stone, revealing an inner layer of a different color, is
common on non->meteorites, such as "slag",

O.k. I help you. But vice versa.

1. Meteorites don't have layers.
For layers you need in 1st instance: gravitation.
Meteorites stem from too small bodies, that those would have sufficient
gravitation, that layers can settle.

>This has a surface with a "bubbly" appearance

2. Meteorites don't have bubbles.

So you found and described already by yourself the two strongest and most
absolute criteria for exclusion that an object could be a meteorite.

3. Freud was a lousy geologist.

Best!
Martin

-----Urspr?ngliche Nachricht-----