[meteorite-list] Chelyabinsk at White House today

From: Sterling K. Webb <sterling_k_webb_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 21:24:50 -0500

Mike, List,

> ...it doesn't mention them in the bible...

Then they don't read their Bible (either): Joshua 10:11.
"And it came to pass, as they fled before Israel, and werer
in the going down to Beth-Horon, that the Lord cast down
into Azekah great stones from heaven upon them, and
they died..."

There follows a second mention of the stones but it calls
them "hailstones." Strange, as the first reference is the
word for 'rocks.' Perhaps they became instantly coated
with frost as some meteorites have been observed to do.

But "great stones from heaven" is as clear a description
of meteorites as you can get in 1420 B.C.E.

Sterling K. Webb