[meteorite-list] Chelyabinsk - Not Hammers

From: Michael Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2013 12:59:02 -0700

Hi Gary, Anne & all,
        Correct. I coined and defined the term: ""Hammer" - any individual
which is part of a hammer fall in which one or more of the
individuals struck an artifact, animal or human."
        People who argue about this are generally uninterested in the
"hammer" aspect of meteorites - and they have every right to be.
However, when they argue about it it is a matter of attempting to
Impose their values/preferences on everyone else.
        I don't give one rat's patutie if someone else likes, cares about
At all or couldn't care less. It is something I care about and collect
and offer to others who are interested.
        People on this list often find it somehow "entertaining" to get
Into someone else's face about what interests them.
        I don't care one iota about abstract art. However, I am not
So egocentric as to proclaim it is not art! Obviously others consider it
Art - so, to them it is art. My lack of interest or understanding is my
Problem, not theirs.
        Michael