[meteorite-list] NPR Science Friday

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2013 19:22:45 -0700 (PDT)

Meenakshi Wadwha tried to keep the interviewer on topic by focusing on science but he would have nothing to do with it.

Yep, treat an avocation like an Easter Egg hunt and hype the prices like the Antique Roadshow and there has to be some kind of "black market" because it makes the news.? This is the way the media thinks after what has happened with emeralds, diamonds and other treasure.? We can thank Douglas Schmidt for starting it and others who popularized meteorite hunting by attaching ridiculously high price tags to each and every piece in the media to gain a few minutes worth of fame.

Adam