[meteorite-list] Ebays new shipping policy

From: Galactic Stone & Ironworks <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 5 May 2013 20:13:21 -0400

"The problem with a web site is marketing. Getting the masses to visit
a site is a real challenge....thus Ebay seems to be an easy way out of
that."

Social media. My website item listings get more traffic per week than
most eBay meteorite auctions - even auctions posted by the big guys.
It just takes time and dedication to a routine of daily online
activity that revolves around networking and promotion.

Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, message boards, mailing lists,
etc - get an established presence on those and you'll never need eBay.
 Sure, eBay has one of the world's largest online marketplaces, but
99.9% of those shoppers don't know what a meteorite is, and they don't
care. They are shopping for electronics, clothes, and video games.

Best regards,

MikeG

--
Web - http://www.galactic-stone.com