[meteorite-list] Digital Camera for Studio Photography

From: Jodie Reynolds <spacerocks_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2013 00:23:14 -0700

With the caveat that a "crop sensor" (APS-C) provides magnification
over the effective full-frame lens rating. So if a lens is 1:1 at
35mm on the Canon APS-C sensor it'll effectively be 1.6:1

I'd rather have less pixel density on the same size sensor (lower
megapixels) to get better low-light performance and sharper imaging
(for technical reasons beyond the scope of this reply that you may
read thousands upon thousands of pages of on the Interwebz).

The "OMG megapixels!" thing is largely just marketing scam these days.

Agreed on the lens thing. I have single pieces of glass worth more
than all my camera bodies combined.

(In the interest of full disclosure, I haven't been a Nikon fan since
the film days. I shoot the Canon 20Da, 50D, 5DmkII, and the 7D - the
5DmkII is a full frame camera, the rest are crop-sensors)

--- Jodie