[meteorite-list] eBay plus and minus

From: Don Skidmore <skiddylandhq_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2013 21:18:38 -0400

Hi list! I seldom post but enjoy all the remarks from the regulars. About the eBay thing... If I may weigh in... Aspects of eBay seem deplorable for sellers. As a buyer, however, I have at times gotten some incredible deals on ebay on high quality meteorites from trustworthy sources. To never shop ebay is a mistake, or would have been for me at least. (Though i have burnt myself a few times too) Yet, on the other hand, one can at times buy even better specimens of the same meteorite fall from a dealer's website for less people are paying in insane bidding wars on eBay. Dealer's are often very willing to offer a discount when they can. It certainly pays to know the dealer sites and remember what they have to offer. Getting to know dealers, hunters, and other collectors is part of the fascination with meteorites. So, Thanks for those of you who have nice websites... AND also for those of you who use eBay! Don (Skidmore)

Sent from my iPad