[meteorite-list] Novato update

From: Jason Utas <meteoritekid_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2013 20:51:18 -0700

Hello Greg,

After getting turned down a few times, I started asking a few
questions of the landowners who said they were committed to "only
NASA" coming onto their land.

Turns out a few private hunters whose names I won't mention decided to
say that they were working with NASA, and they told landowners not to
let (other) private hunters on their land.

Kind of made sense after I recalled that we'd run into one of the two
men earlier in the field, and his truck had a NASA sticker in the
window. Before he recognized me, he told me he was working with NASA,
but I hadn't thought anything of it.

I suppose Dr. Jennisken's team could have been doing similar things,
but that wasn't the impression I got in the field. The stories about
NASA being so tough was largely being told by one of the
aforementioned two hunters.

Go figure.

Jason

www.fallsandfinds.com