[meteorite-list] 1922 Blackstone VA 20-ton meteorite anyone?

From: Sterling K. Webb <sterling_k_webb_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 12 May 2013 14:42:58 -0500

Dirk, List,

This meteor fall is discussed in "The great meteor
of May 11, 1922" by C. P. Olivier in Popular Astronomy,
Vol. 33, p.502. It can be found in:
http://adsabs.harvard.edu/full/1925PA.....33..502O

It refers to "sensational notices that appeared in the
daily papers during the next few days." Meraning, the
usual lies that newspaper conventionally use to sell
papers. In the 1920's I mean. They never do that today.

Do they?

Interestingly, most of the dozens of references to a
20-ton meteorite falling there are in the websites of
NEWSPAPERS, who obviously research the news
through older newspapers...

Sterling K. Webb