[meteorite-list] Chelyabinsk - slickensides or shock planes?

From: Sergey Vasiliev <vs.petrovich_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 17:16:10 +0200

Hi All,
Look at the two pictures of the same stone.

This is a fresh broken side with black shock veins on a very light matrix:
- http://sv-meteorites.com/gallery/chelybinsk/02.jpg

And this side is secondary crust over the shock vein:
- http://sv-meteorites.com/gallery/chelybinsk/01.jpg

You can find a lot of interesting things in Chelyabinsk ;-)

All the best,
Sergey