[meteorite-list] ORANGE fresh Chelyabinsk (was: Two special Chelyabinsk individualswith Brown Lee-side Crust - color-oriented!)

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 13:44:50 -0700 (PDT)

I will take a SWAG (Scientific Wild Ass Guess) at the color differential.

I know when I was having a glass blower prepare NWA 482 pendants that
some of the material would turn red.? He was exposing material to the
oxidizing part of the flame and not the reducing part.? We corrected the problem after analyzing the situation.

When a meteoroid enters the atmosphere, the plasma might be more oxidizing on the trailing edge.

Adam