[meteorite-list] Questionable Tektites??? from Patagonia-False tektites?

From: drtanuki <drtanuki_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2013 11:09:02 -0800 (PST)

List,

While searching the impactites on the earlier matter I ran across some so-called "Patagonia tektites"that appear to me to be silicified fossil sponges or some other fossil sea critter. ?Does anyone on this list have any information concerning these?
The shape and one that is chipped indicate to me that we have an agatized coral being offered as tektites. Buyer use caution!

1
TEKTITE TECTITA IMPACTITE METEORITE RARE!! NEW!!! FROM PATAGONIA!! 128GR.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TEKTITE-TECTITA-IMPACTITE-METEORITE-RARE-NEW-FROM-PATAGONIA-128GR-/281202239650?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_186&hash=item4178f5a8a2

2
http://www.ebay.com/itm/TEKTITE-IMPACTITE-METEORITE-RARE-BLUE-NEW-FROM-PATAGONIA-20g-/281204120497?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_186&hash=item4179125bb1

3